Fat grafting procedure started in the 19th century which aimed to transfer the fat. Earlier people were not aware of the procedure but now with time, it has started gaining popularity. Read the given topic as we have mentioned everything which you should know about fat grafting.
Fat grafting is a surgical procedure that is also known as fat injections or fat transfer. In this procedure, the fat is transferred from one part of the body to another. The main aim is to improve the area where the fat is being injected. The fat is extracted by liposuction, then fat is processed and then purified fat is injected into the improvement area.
Who can perform fat grafting?
The cosmetic surgeon is using this method to improve and enhance the appearance of the breast, hands, feet, buttocks, and hips. Its main component is liposuction. To perform the surgery the surgeon goes through extensive training so that they also handle the complications.
What is the procedure of fat grafting?
There are 3 steps in fat grafting:
- With liposuction, fat is extracted from the donor area.
- Fat is decanted, centrifuged, and processed.
- Fat is injected into the area which needs improvement.
Firstly, the fat is extracted from the donor area with liposuction and the manual method is used which is done by thin liposuction cannulas with small holes. After that fat is decanted and centrifuged so that debris, excess fluid, and dead cells can be taken out.
In the final step, the fat is injected again in small droplets into the recipient area. This method of weight loss surgery helps in addressing the problem perfectly.
What anesthesia type is used?
- Fat grafting is done with different anesthetics and choices depend on the amount of fat taken from the donor area.
- Local anesthesia is given to the patients for treating the small volume of fat. For a larger area, there is the use of general anesthesia or IV anesthesia
What are the different areas of fat which can be treated?
Face (total 10cc to 100cc)
- Help in adding volume to wrinkled areas which are below the eye and nasolabial folds.
- Repair scars
- Create higher cheekbones by adding volume
- Skin texture is improved.
Breast (each breast 25cc to 400cc)
- Breast size increases by one or two cup sizes
- Breast becomes symmetrical
- Radiation tissue damage is repaired
- Breast reconstruction
Hips (each side 100cc to 300cc)
- Volume is added to get a more feminine look and gives a better waist-hip ratio
Buttocks (each cheek 200cc to 1300cc+)
- Buttocks appear perkier
- Augments buttocks size
Hands and Feet
- Reduces wrinkles
- Provides padding for bony feet
To know more about the procedure you should consult our surgeon today only.